The draw for the 2022/23 UEFA Europa Conference League third qualifying round took place on Monday 18 July at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland.
way of champions
Víkingur Reykjavík (ISL) / The New Saints FC (WAL) – Lech Poznań (POL) / Dinamo Batumi (GEO)
RFS (LVA) Hibernians (MLT) / Levadia Tallinn (EST)
La Fiorita (SMR) / Ballkani (KOS) – Sutjeska (MNE) / KÍ (FRO)Tirana (ALB) / Zrinjski (BIH) – Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) / Lincoln Red Imps (GIB)
Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) – CFR Cluj (ROU) / Inter Club d’Escaldes (AND)
Spartak Trnava (SVK) / Newtown (WAL) – Rakow Czestochowa (POL) / Astana (KAZ)
KuPS Kuopio (FIN) / Milsami Orhei (MDA) – Liepāja (LVA) / Young Boys (SUI)
Pogoń Szczecin (POL) / Brøndby (DEN) – Basel (SUI) / Crusaders (NIR)
AIK (SWE) / Vorskla Poltava (UKR) – Valmiera (LVA) / Shkëndija (MKD)
Ararat-Armenia (ARM) / Paide Linnameeskond (EST) – Anderlecht (BEL)
Seinäjoki (FIN) / Lillestrøm (NOR) – Royal Antwerp (BEL) / Drita (KOS)
Sparta Praha (CZE) / Viking (NOR) – Motherwell (SCO) / Sligo Rovers (IRL)
Sūduva (LTU) / Viborg (DEN) – B36 Torshavn (FRO) / Tre Fiori (SMR)
CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / Makedonija (MKD) – Saint Patrick’s Athletic (IRL) / Mura (SVN)
Breidablik (ISL) / FK Budućnost Podgorica (MNE) – İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) / Maccabi Netanya (ISR)
Hajduk Split (CRO) – Vitória SC (POR) / Puskás Akadémia (HUN)
Dundee United (SCO) – Tuzla City (BIH) / AZ (NED)
Botev Plovdiv (BUL) / APOEL (CYP) – Kyzylzhar Petropavlovsk (KAZ) / Osijek (CRO)
Molde (NOR) / Elfsborg (SWE) – Kairat Almaty (KAZ) / Kisvarda (HUN)
Zorya Luhansk (UKR) – Vllaznia (ALB) / Universitatea Craiova (ROU)
Vikingur (FRO) / Dunajská Streda (SVK) – Saburtalo (GEO) / FCSB (ROU)
Aris Limassol (CYP) / Neftçi (AZE) – Rapid Wien (AUT) / Lechia Gdańsk (POL)
Koper (SVN) / Vaduz (LIE) – BATE Borisov (BLR) / Konyaspor (TUR)
Ružomberok (SVK) / Riga (LVA) – Gil Vicente (POR)
Lugano (SUI) – Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) / Dinamo Minsk (BLR)
Sepsi Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU) / Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) – Rijeka (CRO) / Djurgården (SWE)
Wolfsberger (AUT) – Gzira United (MLT) / Radnicki Nis (SRB)
Levski Sofia (BUL) / PAOK (GRE) – Velez (BIH) / Hamrun Spartans (MLT)
Fehérvár (HUN) / Gabala (AZE) – Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA) / Laçi (ALB)
PFC Zire (AZE) / Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) – Gomel (BLR) / Aris Thessaloniki (GRE)
Twente (NED) – Racing FC Union Luxembourg (LUX) / Čukarički (SRB)
St Joseph’s (GIB) / Slavia Praha (CZE) – Panathinaikos (GRE)
Operation of the draw
way of champions
• 8 winners of the second qualifying round (champions path) and 2 teams eliminated from the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League were included in this draw.
• The teams were divided into groups in which no seed was designated. The first ball drawn designated the team receiving the first leg.
• The round features nine newcomers and 45 winners of the main lane second qualifying round.
• Before the draw, the teams were divided into three groups of eight teams (Group 1 to 3) and three groups of ten teams (Group 4 to 6).
• Within each of the groups, the teams were divided equally between seeded and non-seeded. Two clubs from the same association could not face each other.
• If a club participating in a second qualifying round match has a coefficient that would allow them to be seeded for the third qualifying round draw, the winner of that match is automatically seeded for the third qualifying round draw. spell.
• For Groups 1 to 3, teams were randomly assigned a number (1 to 4 for top seeds, 5 to 8 for unseeded). Two pots were prepared: one for the seeded ones, one for the non-seeded ones.
• A ball was drawn from each of the pots and placed in another pot. The two balls were thus mixed, one of the two drawn at random and opened to reveal the number it contained. The second ball was then opened to reveal its number and complete the draw. The first ball designated the team playing at home. The result was applied to all three groups.
• The same procedure was applied for groups 4-6, with seeded teams assigned numbers 1-5, unseeded teams 6-10.
And the next…
The matches take place on August 4 and 11, with extra time and a penalty shoot-out if necessary after the second leg. The winners qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League play-offs.
Conference League schedule
First qualifying round: 7 and 14 July
Second qualifying round: 21 and 28 July
Third qualifying round: 4 and 11 August 2022
Play-offs: August 18 and 25, 2022
Second qualifying round: June 15
Third qualifying round: 18 July
Play-offs: August 2
Group stage: August 26 (4 p.m.)
Play-offs for the knockout stage: November 7
Round of 16: February 24
Quarters and semi-finals: March 17
*All draws at 2 p.m.except where noted
Day 1: September 8, 2022
Day 2: September 15, 2022
Day 3: October 6, 2022
Day 4: October 13, 2022
Day 5: October 27, 2022
Day 6: November 3, 2022
Play-offs for the knockout stage: February 16 and 23, 2023
Eighth: March 9 and 16, 2023
Quarters: April 13 and 20, 2023
Semi-finals: May 11 and 18, 2023
Final: June 7, 2023