Luis Suarez back in Uruguay
The Nacional Montevideo has formalized the return of striker Luis Suarez, 35, who has signed a five-month contract with the club from his professional debut.
Club president José Fuentes told Sport 890 radio that the former Ajax Amsterdam, Liverpool, FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid player would arrive in Montevideo this weekend and that “he would be ready “to play on Tuesday for the Nacional.
The former Atlético Madrid player (from 2020 to 2022) is expected to play the Copa Sudamericana match, the South American equivalent of the Europa League, on Tuesday, opposing the Nacional to the Brazilians of Atletico Goianiense.
The top scorer in the history of the Uruguayan selection, with 65 goals, began his career at the Nacional in 2005 at the age of 18.
Suarez then joined the Netherlands, where he stayed for five seasons, including a notable stint at Ajax Amsterdam (111 goals in 159 matches), before joining Liverpool in 2011.
After three and a half years in England, he landed in Barcelona for a transfer of more than 80 million euros.
Mbabu to Fulham
Swiss international defender Wolfsburg in Germany Kevin Mbabu has signed a three-year contract with Fulham and an optional additional year worth 7.5 million euros, the English Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
The London club was Championship champion (English D2) last season and promoted to the Premier League.
Kevin Mbabu, trained at Servette Geneva, has spent the last three seasons at Wolfsburg. He already knows the Premier League for having worn the colors of Newcastle from 2013 to 2016.
Lisandro Martinez joins Manchester United
Manchester United have acquired Ajax Amsterdam defender Lisandro Martinez for 57 million euros, the Dutch club announced on Wednesday.
The Argentinian international (24 years old, 7 caps), who signed up until 2027 with an option for an additional year, according to ManU, had been in Amsterdam since 2019 where he wore the Ajax jersey 120 times (6 goals).
“It’s an honor to join this huge club,” the central defender told the Manchester United website. I have worked so hard for such a moment to come.”
Martinez started his career in Argentina at Newell’s Old Boys and Defensa y Justicia. With the Albicelste, he won the Copa America in 2021. In Manchester, he will find the one who had been his coach in recent seasons, the Dutchman Erik ten Hag.
Napoli hire Kim Min-Jae
Napoli Football Club announced on Wednesday the signing of South Korean international defender Kim Min-jae from Turkish club Fenerbahçe.
The duration of the contract and the amount of the transfer have not been communicated. The compensation would however be around 20 million euros, according to several Italian media and journalists.
Aged 25, Kim Min-jae will have the heavy task of replacing Senegalese rock Kalidou Koulibaly, who left for Chelsea at the end of July after wearing the Napoli jersey for eight years.
The South Korean has only played one season under the colors of “Fener” in the Turkish first division, for one goal. He previously played in China, at Beijing Guoan.
International since 2017, the central defender has 42 caps (3 goals), but did not participate in the last World Cup in Russia.
Bayern Munich think more about Kane than Ronaldo
Bayern Munich president Oliver Kahn is considering recruiting Harry Kane more than Cristiano Ronaldo, to whom he closed the door on Wednesday.
In an interview at Picturethe leader explained that recruiting the star did not correspond to the club’s current “philosophy”.
The 37-year-old Portuguese striker, who still has a year on his contract at Manchester United, is not happy with his situation and has told his management that he wants to be transferred to a club playing in the Champions League.
Kahn, on the other hand, confirmed the interest of the German champion for the Tottenham striker.
“Harry Kane is an excellent striker who is under contract with Tottenham,” explained the former Bayern goalkeeper.
The possible arrival of the captain of the England team, 28, could compensate for the departure of the goal machine Robert Lewandowski who left for Barcelona.
Koundé soon at Barça
A new Frenchman will land in Barcelona. According to the specialized press, Jules Koundé should very quickly engage with Barça.
The Sevilla FC defender (23), a French international, has agreed with the Blaugrana for a week and the two clubs have concluded the operation for his transfer to Catalonia.
Also targeted by Chelsea, Koundé should therefore stay in Spain to take a new step in his career, after Bordeaux and Seville.