Twelve groups reached the midway level of the Premier League season over the weekend, whereas Fulham turned the primary to achieve 20 video games.
For gamers at these 13 golf equipment, the disciplinary slate has been cleaned for now.
However there are nonetheless seven groups but to have performed 19 matches this time period, leaving a handful of gamers treading a tightrope forward of their fixtures over the following few days — together with some hoping to be concerned in Arsenal’s conflict with Manchester United on Sunday.
Right here, The Athletic explains the principles round suspension within the Premier League and appears on the gamers who may nonetheless be punished for his or her ill-discipline.
What number of yellow playing cards result in a ban within the Premier League?
Premier League gamers are allowed some leeway relating to yellow playing cards, however repeat offenders run the danger of suspension.
Any participant who’s proven 5 yellow playing cards inside the primary 19 league video games of the season will serve a one-match ban within the league. It’s key to level out that yellow playing cards not carry throughout into both of the home competitions, though crimson playing cards nonetheless do.
Reaching the 19-game mark gives relative respect, however cautions from the primary half of the season should not completely cleared.
Those that accumulate 10 Premier League yellow playing cards previous to, and together with, the thirty second sport of the season should serve an extra two-game suspension.
Which gamers are working the danger of suspension?
The seven groups who will play their nineteenth sport of the season this week are: Arsenal, Manchester Metropolis, Manchester United, Brighton, Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Leeds.
The fixtures value maintaining a tally of are:
Manchester United’s Brazilian midfielders must hold themselves in verify at Selhurst Park on Wednesday. Each Casemiro and Fred have been proven 4 bookings this season so one other warning in midweek would imply that they’re suspended for the journey to Arsenal on Sunday.
Jeffrey Schlupp and Joel Ward may even must be careful on Wednesday because the Palace pair are additionally treading the tightrope.
Manchester Metropolis’s nineteenth sport sees them host Tottenham on Thursday night however with Erling Haaland and Joao Cancelo main the best way on solely three bookings, there are not any suspension worries for Pep Guardiola.
The identical might be mentioned of the Liverpool gamers in motion at Stamford Bridge in Saturday’s early kick-off, with Trent Alexander-Arnold’s three bookings holding him within the clear.
Alexis Mac Allister must be aware throughout Brighton’s go to to the King Energy Stadium on the weekend. The World Cup winner goes into that match with 4 yellow playing cards to his title from him – one other one would see him suspended for the next go to of Bournemouth.
Jesse Marsch, whose staff turned the primary in Premier League historical past to be proven 100 yellow playing cards in a season final time period, must remind a couple of of his gamers to keep up their self-discipline. Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen and Marc Roca are all one other warning away from suspension heading into the go to of Brentford.
Final, however actually not least: Mikel Arteta’s title-chasing Arsenal.
Gabriel Jesus picked up his 4 yellow playing cards in fast time however his damage will imply he avoids any chance of a ban. Nonetheless, Gabriel, Bukayo Saka and William Saliba will all must be on their greatest habits towards Manchester United.
A reserving for any of these three would see them miss the journey to Everton on Saturday, February 4.
Gamers liable to suspension this week
- Manchester Utd — Casemiro & Fred
- Crystal Palace —Jeffrey Schlupp & Joel Ward
- Manchester Metropolis —none
- Liverpool —none
- Brighton —Alexis MacAllister
- leeds —Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen, Marc Roca
- Arsenal —Gabriel, Bukayo Saka, William Saliba
Which gamers have picked up probably the most bookings within the Premier League this season?
A number of gamers have already been compelled to serve suspensions for his or her repeat offences, which leaves them liable to additional bans.
The all-important thirty second set of fixtures is presently set to be performed on the weekend of April 22. As soon as that match spherical is full, there are not any extra suspension dangers related to selecting up particular person yellow playing cards.
Right here is the checklist of gamers which have picked up probably the most bookings this season.
7 —Ruben Neves
6 —Joelinton, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Cheick Doucoure, Anthony Gordon, Marc Guehi, Joao Palhinha, Kenny Tete, Ivan Toney.
5 — Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Bruno Fernandes, Moises Caicedo, Diogo Dalot, Andreas Pereira, James Maddison, Scott McTominay, Chris Mepham, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Amadou Onana, Harrison Reed, Antonee Robinson, Adam Smith.
Aside from Andreas Pereira, who was proven his fifth yellow card after Fulham had already performed 19 video games, every of the above gamers have needed to serve one-game suspensions this season.
Which groups have amassed probably the most playing cards within the Premier League this season?
Fulham have been the worst offenders relating to self-discipline this season.
Marco Silva’s gamers have been proven 49 yellow playing cards and one crimson card, a file that appears set to problem the mark set by Leeds final season (101 yellows and three reds).
On the different finish of the spectrum, Manchester Metropolis have picked up the least bookings. Their tally of 17 yellows is one fewer than Liverpool—each groups have been proven one crimson card every.
Right here is how the Premier League disciplinary desk seems to be, so as of most yellows:
- fulham —49 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Manchester Utd — 46 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- astonville —43 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Nottingham Forest — 42 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Crystal Palace —41 yellow playing cards, two crimson playing cards
- Everton — 41 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Chelsea —39 yellow playing cards, three crimson playing cards
- wolves —39 yellow playing cards, three crimson playing cards
- leeds —38 yellow playing cards, two crimson playing cards
- Tottenham — 37 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- newcastle — 34 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- bournemouth — 32 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Arsenal — 32 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- southampton — 31 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- brentford — 26 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Brighton — 26 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- West Ham — 25 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- leicester — 24 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Liverpool — 18 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Manchester Metropolis — 17 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
(Prime photograph: Jacques Feeney/Offside/Offside through Getty Photos)