DAZN Group, the final word sports activities vacation spot platform, at present publishes its 2022 Annual Overview offering an replace on its strategic priorities and important milestones this 12 months.
The best grossing sports activities app of 2022, DAZN is stay in 225 nations and territories. The worldwide house of boxing, it’s also a market-leader in Italy, Japan, DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) and Spain the place it holds top-tier home soccer rights together with Bundesliga, LaLiga and Serie A. As a part of the corporate’s progress ambitions and diversification technique, DAZN is transferring past its place as the primary really world sports activities streaming platform to turn out to be the every day sports activities vacation spot for followers in every single place. Sooner or later, DAZN will present followers with every part they need and want – from the most important library of stay and on-demand content material to information, evaluation, merchandise, ticketing, gaming and betting. This is not going to solely ship for DAZN prospects however create worth for rights holders, industrial companions, and the enterprise.
Led by a brand new and extremely skilled senior management crew, with experience spanning expertise, telecommunications, leisure, media, and sport, DAZN delivered on this imaginative and prescient in 2022 by increasing its presence throughout core and rising markets, growing an immersive and customized customer-focused providing, and considerably increasing its world rights portfolio.
DAZN is altering the best way the world watches sport. The 2022 annual assessment might be discovered right here. 2022 highlights embrace:
Increasing presence throughout core and rising markets
- Acquisition of ELEVEN Sports activities places DAZN in a number one place in main European footballing nations Portugal and Belgium, in addition to increasing its presence in Southeast Asian markets. This completes DAZN’s present market-leading place in a number of nations and territories.
- Launching massive new soccer rights in Spain with La Liga alongside main distribution partnerships.
- UEFA Champions League partnership is prolonged in Germany till 2027 together with broadcast rights to over 90% of UEFA Champions League matches, making certain DAZN stays the house of Europe’s flagship membership competitors in Germany.
Delivering a wealthy and immersive expertise for DAZN prospects
- Underneath the management of Mark Kemp as new DAZN Wager CEO, DAZN Wager beta is launched within the UK, Spain and Italy. The launch is a part of a partnership with Pragmatic Group to refresh the informal betting market and provide prospects a extra leisure expertise.
- E-commerce providing is launched with the DAZN Retailer, permitting followers to buy unique DAZN branded collections and fan merchandise in Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH) and Japan.
- Experimentation with non-fungible tokens (NFTS) through the launch of DAZN Moments in Japan, a collection of J. League NFTs, and Boxing.IO, an NFT market with restricted version boxing highlights.
- Acquisition of US media leisure firm Staff Whistle with its best-in-class unique content material portfolio and 700 million social media followers allows DAZN to succeed in youthful audiences, drive beforehand off-platform customers onto DAZN and deepen its fan engagement capabilities.
Buying vital world rights as a part of imaginative and prescient to create a every day vacation spot for all sports activities followers
- Settlement signed with Skilled Fighters League to create PFL Europe, making the primary regional league ever from a worldwide supplier of MMA when launched in 2023.
- Growth into stay excessive sports activities via Crimson Bull TV, the primary linear channel to be made obtainable globally on DAZN.
- World broadcasting rights to main girls’s soccer divisions Finetwork Liga F and Frauen-Bundesliga are acquired, complementing DAZN’s present rights partnerships with the UEFA Girls’s Champions League and Japanese WE League.
- Unique world broadcasting rights to the UEFA Girls’s Champions League sees a record-setting stay cumulative viewership of three.6 million globally for the ultimate throughout DAZN, DAZN’s UWCL YouTube channel, and 11 free-to-air channels in Europe. This marks a 56% improve in viewers in comparison with final season’s finale.
Introducing a brand new and extremely skilled senior management crew
- Shay Segev is introduced as the only CEO of DAZN Group, Darren Waterman as Group CFO, Sandeep Tiku as CTO and Pete Oliver as CMO, strengthening the central company crew.
- Extra hires are made throughout a number of territories as a part of the creation of market-led organizational construction together with Stefano Azzi as CEO, Italy, Alice Mascia as CEO, DACH, Bosco Aranguren as CEO, Spain and Manabu Yamada, EVP Income.
Shay Segev, Chief Government Officer, mentioned: “The previous twelve months have been a extremely vital interval for DAZN as we glance to turn out to be the final word every day vacation spot for sports activities followers. We’ve skilled wholesome progress throughout our markets, added a major quantity of worldwide and home rights to the platform, and considerably elevated our revenues by adjusting our core choices and exploring new income streams. Trying ahead, we have now a transparent plan in place to ship the subsequent part of DAZN’s progress. Our focus will likely be on making the product extra accessible, eradicating additional friction and enhancing buyer engagement. We’re excited for what the long run holds.”
Kevin Mayer, Chairman of the Board of Administrators, mentioned: “DAZN Group has gone from power to power over the previous 12 months. Pushed by a extremely skilled new senior management crew drawn from throughout expertise, media, telecommunications, leisure and sport, the enterprise has confirmed the potential of an modern direct-to-consumer sports activities providing. With these stable foundations in place, we’re in a powerful place as we enter 2023.”