Preliminary reactions and observations
- Did Joshua Kimmich redeem his efficiency with that purpose? It is a query price asking. Bayern Munich created quite a few possibilities, however it ended up being a fluke screamer that rescued the purpose. Julian Nagelsmann has some pondering to do relating to the offense — it does not look anyplace close to as fluid or assured as the primary half of the season.
- A flick-on from Thomas Muller is extra harmful than 200 dribbles from our wingers. He wants to start out the following sport.
- Ryan Gravenberch could have really useful himself for extra minutes with that efficiency. Given how the remainder of the midfield is performing, he deserves extra enjoying time.
- As soon as once more, Nagelsmann’s subs go away query marks. Why was Jamal Musiala swapped for Thomas Muller? Could not they play collectively? Why did Mathys Tel come on for Alphonso Davies, then play on the best facet the place he is not as efficient? Why swap to a back-three within the dying minutes of the sport? Plenty of inquiries to be requested within the coming days.
- Leroy Sane seemingly being Bayern’s #2 attacking midfielder is senseless when Thomas Muller is accessible. The coach must get his priorities sorted.
- Sleepy defending on corners virtually value Bayern quite a few occasions on this sport. Did they fireplace the set piece coach too? Who’s in cost of these items?
Need to hear extra in regards to the sport? Why not take a look at our post-game podcast? Chuck’s not apprehensive (but) however he talks us via lineups, Thomas Müller, cohesion, and extra. Hear under or instantly on Spotify:
As at all times, we recognize all of your assist!
Full time: Bayern Munich 1-1 FC Koln.
89′ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Joshua Kimmich makes it 1-1! What an unimaginable shot!
85′ — Bayern are getting determined now.
77′ — Likelihood is coming, however nonetheless 1-0 t0 Koln. This appears like a type of video games.
67′ — Sub: Thomas Muller comes on for Jamal Musiala. WHY HAS NAGELSMANN DONE THIS?
57′ — The subs labored nice, Bayern look significantly better. Nonetheless no objectives but.
4. 5′ – The second half is underway! Ryan Gravenberch and Kingsley Coman come on for Serge Gnabry and Leon Goretzka.
Haltime: Bayern Munich are shedding 1-0. This was terrible.
39′ — That is horrendous on the again from Bayern Munich. Koln might’ve been 2-0 up by now.
26′ — Nonetheless no method again for Bayern. The assault seems to be unusually disjointed.
4’—Aim. What the hell simply occurred. Shkiri simply made it 1-0 to Koln.
Kickoff: We’re beneath method in Munich! The primary residence sport of 2023!
One hour till kickoff: We’ve lineups! Appears to be like like Julian Nagelsmann was pleased with what he noticed from Bayern Munich versus RB Leipzig, as a result of right here we’ve the very same lineup. Will it’s sufficient to beat FC Koln? We’ll have to attend and discover out. Kickoff is in an hour’s time.
Beginning the yr with a draw undoubtedly wasn’t supreme, however because of the cramped schedule, Bayern Munich could make issues proper right away.
Julian Nagelsmann is beneath strain from the media to start out Thomas Muller, particularly after the assault seemed toothless versus RB Leipzig. Nonetheless the coach has been reluctant to commit, as a substitute preferring Jamal Musiala within the attacking midfield place. Joshua Kimmich and Leon Goretzka can be seeking to redeem themselves after poor performances within the weekend sport, whereas Yann Sommer is looking for his first clear sheet in a Bayern shirt. In the meantime, FC Koln, excessive on the again of a 7-1 win, can be seeking to trigger an upset.
It is Bayern time.
Whilst you’re ready for the sport, why not take a look at our newest podcast episode? It comprises a preview + an replace on the way forward for BFW after current Vox Media playoffs. Take heed to it under or on Spotify.
Location: Allianz Enviornment, Munich, Germany
Time: 8:30 p.m. native time, 2:30 p.m. EST
TV/streaming: ESPN+, discover your nation
Suggestions for commenting:
- If you happen to’re a brand new member, be happy to introduce your self! We’re
largelyvery pleasant! Additionally, we’re from all elements of the world so do not feel shy in case you’re from a rustic that does not appear represented on the weblog.
- If the feedback part begins to decelerate for you, simply hit the refresh button and hold commenting. It is not essential to have the entire feedback loaded at one time when you’re simply casually following alongside.
- Hold the sorting to “latest” to simply comply with the dialog. It places the most recent feedback on the high.
- Right here at BFW we rejoice each purpose like they do within the stadium: with a chant. The purpose chants are for everybody to take part in! Even in case you’re lagging behind the others, hold replying to the newest name of the participant’s title. Even in case you missed the primary name, simply begin from the second, and so forth.
- Whereas swearing is allowed inside purpose, please be well mannered to your fellow posters and keep away from gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is just not allowed no matter.
Try our newcomers thread when you’ve got any extra questions. That is about it. Auf geht’s!
In search of an never-ending nicely of Bayern Munich content material? Join an SBNation account and be a part of the dialog on Bavarian Soccer Works. Whether or not it is full match protection and evaluation, breaking information, podcasts or one thing utterly totally different, we’ve all of it.